In addition to precision mould making expertise, Avenue offers full scientific injection moulding and contract manufacturing capabilities within our broader GW Plastics – Sligo campus. Utilizing GW Plastics Scientific Molding (GW/SM™) techniques, we develop process characterisations that will ensure high-quality, repeatable moulded parts despite normal (expected) variation in materials and processing equipment.
All moulds, whether new or transfer, are put through our rigorous statistical qualification process so that, regardless of manufacturing machine, the same critical moulding parameters will be achieved. Avenue works to continuously refine our scientific injection moulding processes and integrate solutions that reflect our lean manufacturing commitment to improve efficiency and reduce waste.
With dedicated Class 8 Cleanroom capacity to provide pilot line and scientific injection moulding, Avenue is ready to take on your next medical moulding challenge. Our state-of-the-art, Class 8 cleanroom facility is fully-equipped for mould testing, process optimisation, and validation:
- 400 sq m Class 8 cleanroom capacity
- Comprehensively-equipped injection moulding machines ranging in clamp force from 500kN to 3000kN
- Mould temperature and hot runner controllers
- 5 Tonne gantry
- 3-axis robots, desiccant dryers, conveyors
- Coordinate measuring and non-contact optical measuring machines
- In-house design and manufacture of metrology fixtures